Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Turn out to be a Human Lie Detector

Everybody lies. It's really a universal human characteristic. If you're a fantastic person who'll tell wrong never to hurt your friend's feelings, into a cheating spouse, to spies and superheroes, we lie. But many of us wish no-one would lie to us. You're here because you're among those those who hate being lied to and would like to discover how to turn into a human lie detector.

Based on Webster's Dictionary, a lie can be a false statement constructed with deliberate intent to deceive. People lie for numerous reasons, sometimes with nefarious intentions and other times with wholesome intentions. Maybe it's to keep up a secret, to shield someone from harm, to shield someone's self-esteem from getting hurt, to avoid punishment, to guide someone astray, to wreck someone, etc.

All lies won't be the same, there are different kinds of lies. Below are a few:

Omission- Half truths, when one tells the facts but omit important points
Bluff- Pretending to have or otherwise not have something. Poker players do this to screw up other players
Exaggeration- Stretching reality.
Perjury- Lying under oath or affirmation in the court of law. A significant felony
White lie- Minor lie that provides comfort towards the recipient. If you're planning on living among other folks within a society, you'll need to commit this lie more often than not.
Bold-Face- a clear and unbelievable lie
Fabrication- giving a statement as true despite being unsure of whether or not it is true.
Noble lie- told in the event the overall advantage of using a lie is bigger with a grander scale than having the truth (e.g. Ozymandias' plan at the conclusion of Watchmen).
As well as the list goes on. They're some signals liars emit when lying. Pick up on these signals along with a high probability of spotting a liar.

Avoid answering your question by deflecting it using a truth. E.g. Q."Did you're taking my hot dog?" A."I hate sausages, why would I take yours."
Stiff body movements and gestures. Kept close to body
Over average sweating. (May be a sign of nervousness from shyness/diffidence)
Excessive information. Telling too much may be a desperate try and help you to believe them.
Unusual eye movement. This does not imply avoid eye contact. Truthful people also avoid eye contact every once in awhile. Right handed people usually turn to the left when coming up with wrong and reverse with left-handed people.
Verbal and facial expressions are mismatched.
Liars usually continue the defensive when asked something. They need to convince you with their "honesty".
Liars might disappear or put an item between you when asked something
Lies come either in a short time (because they were already thinking of the "answer" prior to deciding to asked) or very slowly (as is also using a quick mental review and picking out the lie)
Liars have a tendency to make use of exact content within the answer (e.g. Q."Did you fall asleep with my man" A."No, I did not sleep with your man.")
Speaking monotone
Using no pronouns or contractions
Avoiding direct answers (like politicians)
Joking around with all the at the mercy of lower the tension
Their responses usually are emotionally vapid, don't resonate emotionally because liars are invariably attempting to convince you using logic and reason, not emotion.

For additional information about Liar detector Lie detector web portal: read here.